Coordinator, Business & Legal Affairs
Business & Legal Affairs | New York, NY, United States
FilmNation Entertainment is looking for a junior lawyer to join the Business and Legal Affairs team in our New York office. This role will report to the Manager and EVP of Business & Legal Affairs, and will touch on many aspects of FilmNation’s activities as a producer, financier and international distributor of high quality feature films.
Principal responsibilities include coordinating the process of accepting delivery of legal materials to FilmNation from third party producers, delivering legal materials from FilmNation to film distributors around the world, and providing legal services around pre-production, production and post production of FilmNation produced films. The position will also require the execution of various administrative tasks, such as managing FilmNation’s contract database, working with FilmNation’s finance team to coordinate invoicing and payment schedules, and drafting and filing various corporate documents.
What you'll do:
- Review various film agreements, including cast agreements, crew agreements, location agreements, clearances and music licenses to confirm they comply with FilmNation delivery requirements
- Draft various delivery documents, including chain of title affidavits, certificates of origin, product placement declarations, etc.
- Review marketing materials against credit summaries to ensure they comply with legal requirements
- Draft and negotiate music licenses
- Draft day and weekly riders for actors
- Draft and negotiate key crew agreements, location agreements and clearances
- Create third party obligation summaries and track all credit obligations
Who you are:
- JD required, and NY or CA Bar license or license pending
- At least 1 year of experience in an entertainment law setting (internships are fine)
- Detail-oriented, analytical, and results-driven
- An ability to perform well under pressure, and excellent project management skills
- A strong work ethic
- Above all, a passion for film & all things FilmNation
150 West 22nd St, 9th Floor
New York, NY