MBA Intern, Distribution
Distribution | New York, NY, United States
FilmNation is looking for an MBA level intern in our New York office for the Fall of 2017.
Highly motivated interns will gain hands-on experience in the film industry and have the opportunity to learn about the distribution of films at all stages of a film’s lifecycle through a variety of tasks, including:
- Analyzing international distribution release plans and marketing budgets alongside our Distribution team
- Evaluating worldwide box office trends by building performance models, analyzing data and preparing reports for producers and FilmNation executives
- Conducting deal analysis, analyzing royalty statements and coordinating with international distributors to forecast ancillary revenue
- Developing strategic recommendations and presenting to FilmNation management. Examples of previous projects include the economics of Video On Demand, TV production strategy and social media marketing.
The position also offers the opportunity to engage in the company’s creative process, including the reading of scripts and sharing commentary in weekly company-wide meetings.
Interns will be educated about the production, sales and financing of independent films and will also have the chance to participate in other projects with the Business Development and Strategy team.
- Passion for Film and the Entertainment Industry
- Strong and confident communication and writing skills
- Proficient knowledge of MS Excel and Mac OS
- Strong organizational, detail-oriented skills with a proactive attitude
We are looking for individuals who can commit 2-3 days a week. Hours at 9:30am-6:30pm. Ability to earn academic credit for the internship is a necessity. Please note all hours and dates can be flexible.
If interested, please send your resume, cover letter and availability to Leon Shen at email@example.com
150 West 22nd St, 9th Floor
New York, NY