FREELANCE Film PUBLICIST
Publicity | New York, NY, United States
FilmNation is looking for an experienced Freelance Film Publicist to join our Publicity team three days a week in our New York office. This Publicist will work with the VP, Publicity and support all aspects of our Publicity efforts.
The Freelance Film Publicist will oversee and manage work across select titles as assigned by the VP, Publicity. This includes titles in pre-production, in production, in release & during festival launch. We are looking for a freelancer who can work three days a week out of our New York office. Some travel may be required depending on assigned titles. The Freelance Film Publicist’s responsibilities also include ad hoc requests such as phone interviews, talent requests and event management. The ideal candidate for this position will be pro-active, self-motivated, and a great communicator with exceptional writing skills.
What you'll do:
- Liaise with FilmNation team, filmmakers, US distributors, talent reps, international PR agencies and international distributors.
- Collate press coverage as needed/ manage agencies’ dissemination of press/reactions/reviews.
- Write and edit press releases.
- Travel on an as needed basis (supporting VP at international and domestic film festivals, press events, junkets and/or premieres as needed on select titles).
- Manage film festival submissions.
- Handle initial film festival logistics/overseeing hired PR agency.
- Create and track festival budgets.
- Handle ticket/RSVP management.
Who you are:
- 2 years+ of working in a film publicity environment (international publicity experience a plus).
- Bachelor’s Degree (ideally specializing in communications/media).
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work with executives, talent and talent reps at all levels.
- Exceptional writing, editing and oral communication skills.
- Organized, self-motivated, detail oriented.
150 West 22nd St, 9th Floor
New York, NY