MBA Intern, Business Development & Strategy
Business Development & Strategy | New York, NY, United States
FilmNation is seeking a highly-motivated MBA Intern to join the Business Development & Strategy team in the company’s New York office for Fall 2017. This position offers a unique opportunity for someone to gain hands-on experience in business development and strategy in the entertainment industry, and to be educated about the distribution, finance and production of independent films. This MBA Intern will be closely supervised by FilmNation’s Manager, Distribution & Strategy and its VP, Business Development.
What you'll do:
- Develop strategic recommendations and present to FilmNation management. Previous work has focused on the economics of TV production strategy, social media marketing, analysis of the Chinese box office, international deal analysis, among others.
- Conduct market sizing, research and identify industry trends and develop industry models with a focus on the entertainment industry.
- Perform deal analysis, analyze royalty statements and coordinate with international distributors to forecast ancillary revenue.
- Engage in the company’s creative process, including the reading of scripts and sharing commentary in weekly company-wide meetings.
Who you are:
- A current student enrolled in an MBA program. This is an unpaid internship, and the ability to earn academic credit for the internship is required.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to synthesize complex ideas into concise presentations.
- Strong and confident communication and writing skills.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with a proactive, self-starting attitude.
- Proficient knowledge of MS Excel and Mac OS.
- Passion for Film and the Entertainment Industry.
- Able to commit up to 20 hours a week. Scheduling flexible between 9:30am-6:30pm weekdays. Please note all hours and dates can be flexible.
If interested, please send your resume, cover letter and availability to Roger Gregory at email@example.com.
150 West 22nd St, 9th Floor
New York, NY