Finance & Accounting | New York, NY, United States
FilmNation is looking for a Staff Accountant to join its New York office. This position is perfect an accountant who is eager to learn about accounting and finance as it relates to the Entertainment industry.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a vibrant company and work within a collaborative and fun environment. We are looking for a full-time Staff Accountant who is eager to learn about accounting and finance as it relates to the Entertainment industry. The Staff Accountant will report to the Manager of Accounting & Finance for both sales and production/development and will also work closely with the SVP of Finance & Accounting, the COO and CEO.
The Staff Accountant will assist with a full range of responsibilities including:
- Input Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
- Check requests, and manual billings
- Distributor invoicing and payment applications
- Process expense reports and manage the corporate credit card program.
- Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with accounting policies and procedures
- Other ad hoc projects as requested
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting preferred
- 0-2 Years Accounting experience
- Must have good work ethic and willingness to roll up sleeves to get the job done
- Detail oriented
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously, work effectively in a team environment and meet deadlines
This is a great role for an up-and-coming accountant to gain experience in all aspects of the accounting and finance process in addition to dealing with all areas of the business on a daily basis. This fast paced environment requires a motivated self-starter with the ability to multi-task in a busy work environment, be extremely organized, and highly detail oriented. To be considered for this role, candidates should also have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field.
If you think this is you please send a resume and cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com and reference Staff Accountant in the subject line.
150 West 22nd St, 9th Floor
New York, NY