Coordinator, Business and Legal Affairs
FilmNation Entertainment is looking for a junior lawyer to join our Business and Legal Affairs Department full-time and in-person, three days a week, in our New York office. At FilmNation, the Business and Legal Affairs team handles all of the legal work involved in the company’s development, production, financing, and distribution of high-quality feature films, television, podcasts, and live theatre.
This role reports to the VP and EVP of Business and Legal Affairs and will touch on many aspects of FilmNation's activities as a producer, financier, and international distributor of high-quality feature films.
Responsibilities of a Coordinator on our Business and Legal Affairs Team include drafting and negotiating international distribution agreements, coordinating the process of accepting the delivery of legal materials to FilmNation from third-party producers, delivering legal materials from FilmNation to film distributors around the world, and providing legal services in connection with the pre-production, production, and post-production of FilmNation produced films.
Specific tasks will include the following:
• Drafting and negotiating international license agreements for FilmNation and third-party sales titles with distributors worldwide.
• Reviewing various film agreements, including cast agreements, crew agreements, location agreements, clearances, and music licenses to confirm they comply with FilmNation delivery requirements.
• Reviewing marketing materials against credit summaries to ensure they comply with legal requirements.
• Drafting and negotiating music licenses.
• Drafting day and weekly riders for actors.
• Drafting and negotiating key crew agreements, location agreements, and clearances.
• Creating third-party obligation summaries and tracking all credit obligations.
Qualifications / Requirements:
• JD required, and NY or CA Bar license or license pending
• At least one year of experience in an entertainment law setting (internships are acceptable)
• Detail-oriented, analytical, and results-driven.
• An ability to perform well under pressure and excellent project management skills.
• A strong work ethic, a passion for film, television & all things FilmNation
FilmNation is a leading producer, financier, and international distributor of high-quality feature films, television series, theater, and audio/podcasts. The company has intensified its focus on content creation in recent years, bringing to life award-winning box office hits that include PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN, ARRIVAL, and THE BIG SICK, as well as the award-winning television show I KNOW THIS MUCH IS TRUE. The upcoming line-up of active titles includes high-profile comedy THE PEOPLE WE HATE AT THE WEDDING (Amazon), MISANTHROPE starring Shailene Woodley, and THE GOOD NURSE (Netflix) starring Eddie Redmayne and Jessica Chastain, as well as several television productions.
To Apply, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Coordinator of Business and Legal Affairs.”
This position's anticipated annual base salary is $72,000 to $82,000. This range does not include any other compensation components or benefits for which an individual may be eligible. The actual base salary offered depends on a variety of factors, which may include, as applicable, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, specific and unique skills, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job.
FilmNation provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression of veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. FilmNation expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity, expression of veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. Improper interference with the ability of FilmNation's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment. More detailed information about the company and our list of titles is available at www.filmnation.com